Main content start
You've officially moved into your dorm and are beginning to meet fellow residents. Learning about your new home will take some time but here are a few suggestions for how you gradually begin the process of settling into life at Stanford.
- Email: Check your @stanford.edu email daily for important announcements.
- Computer Registration: Register your computer and devices on the Stanford network.
- Room Condition Form: Submit your Room Condition Form within 5 days of moving in.
- Dining: Check your dining hall hours and review or update your meal plan. All incoming students in undergraduate housing are automatically assigned a meal plan of 15 meals per week.
- Finances: Set up your financial account in Axess (Stanford ePay, Direct Deposit).
- Mail and Packages: Review instructions to receive mail and packages at the Undergraduate Mail & Package Center.
- Tech for Students: Access tech resources for new students.
- Sustainability: Review the Student Sustainable Living Guide to live Cardinal Green.
- Bike Registration: Register your bike online (free) and upload a photo.
- Voter Registration: Register to vote, or if already registered, sign up for reminders.
- Axess: Course enrollment, forms, and student information.
- Bulletin: University policies and degree requirements.
- ExploreCourses: Browse Autumn Quarter course listings.
- Academic Advising: Schedule advising appointments with your Academic Advisor and review advising information and resources.
- Canvas: Your enrolled classes will have courses in Canvas.
- Frosh/Transfer 101
- Introductory Seminars
- Searchable Campus Map
- Online Stanford Directory
- Privacy: Confirm your privacy settings in Axess.
- Service Now (SNOW): Help tickets for student services and academics.
- Essential Stanford Software
- Cardinal Print: Printing service in locations across campus including residences and libraries.
- Lathrop Learning Hub: Tech support, equipment lending, and resources.
- Vaden Health Center: Medical appointments, health and wellness resources, pharmacy.
- ID Card Office: SUID card replacement, if needed.
- Office of Student Engagement student organizations in CardinalEngage.
- Recreation & Wellness: Classes, intramural sports, facilities, resources, and more.
- Transportation: Bike safety tips, Marguerite Shuttle, and Emergency Ride Home Program registration (free).
- Public Safety & Emergency Information