Beginning with Convocation on Tuesday, September 14 and ending with your residence’s Closing House Meeting on Sunday, September 19, we look forward to hosting you at the many events throughout New Student Orientation.
Planning Your Days
- Required Events: You should attend all required events as indicated on the Signature Events page, put meetings with advisors on your schedule, and choose among the optional events throughout the week. While the week may feel busy, remember to eat, sleep, and give yourself the time you need to transition to your new home.
- Event Details: Prior to the start of NSO, times, locations, and Zoom links will be listed in the 2021 Approaching Stanford Canvas course (SUNet ID log-in required).
- Event Registration: To protect the health of the community, please sign in for each day of NSO and indicate the events you attend. Should contact tracing be needed, we will be able to know whether to notify you or not.
- Wear NSO Nametag & Face Covering: Because many events will be outdoors, you should wear your NSO Nametag for entry to all events. Face coverings are required for all indoor events and for all outdoor events where social distancing may not be possible. Please always carry your face covering with you and plan to wear it when you are with others, in public.
- Sustainability: Carry your reusable water bottle with you throughout NSO, and look for signs introducing you to sustainability practices around campus.
New Student Enrollment
Enrollment will open for new students at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 15, after attending the academic advising presentation. The deadline to register your Preliminary Study List in Axess is 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 20.
Be sure to check your @stanford.edu email regularly, which will be used by University offices for official communications during NSO and throughout your time at Stanford.
Campus Map - Stanford Mobile App
Lost and Found
Contact the NSO Office, Sweet Hall 1st floor, to submit or claim items lost or found during NSO.
For disability access information, please contact the Diversity and Access Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (650) 725-0326. Limited golf cart transportation is available for students needing help traveling to required NSO events. Please talk to your RA if you need assistance.