Opening Convocation Ceremony
132nd Opening Convocation Ceremony
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. PDT
Frost Amphitheater | Livestream
President Marc Tessier-Lavigne welcomes new undergraduate first-year and transfer students and your families to Stanford at the 132nd Opening Convocation Ceremony, the formal inauguration of the academic year. Together with your new classmates, you will participate in celebrating the beginning of Stanford's New Student Orientation at this time-honored tradition, held this year in Frost Amphitheater.
This event will livestreamed and recorded.
Event Details for Guests
All family members and guests are welcome to attend Convocation. No tickets are needed.
Venue: Frost Amphitheater
- Frost Amphitheater is located at 351 Lasuen St., Stanford, CA 94305. Directions to Frost.
- Complimentary nearby parking is available in the Galvez Parking Lot on this day.
- Seating inside Frost is open. Guests are welcome to sit on their own or sit with their student. Most students will walk to the event with their residence staff and dormmates in the morning. If you would like to sit with your student, we recommend that you meet your student at one of the entrances to Frost and enter the venue together.
- Frost Amphitheater has a clear bag policy. Small personal items such as purses and handbags are allowed. Backpacks, larger bags, and suitcases are not allowed.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottle. Water filling stations will be provided.
Health & Safety
- Please review Stanford's COVID-19 Guidelines for Visitors.
- Guests are encouraged to wear face masks, as this will be an outdoor event with a large attendance.
- If you are feeling ill on this day, please stay home and do not attend.